Many of my children’s friends are going be sadly stuck at home during their upcoming birthdays in April. Some had parties planned, venues booked, and entertainers secured as well as invites printed, and these plans are now all been cancelled.
So how can you have a special celebration during a lockdown for your child to enjoy? Although your child can’t physically see their friends, there are lots of ways to celebrate!
Here are some tips:
– Arrange a zoom chat with their friends so that they can sing happy birthday to your child. Arrange it in advance and ask the children to join the call in fancy dress or all wear sunglasses or a funny hat. The children can sing Happy Birthday and watch your child open their presents & cards and cut the cake & blow out the candles.
– Order a party in a box for your child. @perfectplanners offer a range of boxes at different price points that they can deliver to you with all the things you would need to celebrate a birthday. Items include a balloon arch, personalised cake topper and sign, set up instructions, party boxes and even a pass the parcel. How easy to have it all delivered to your house!
– Hide all the presents and cards your child has received around your house and garden. Leave a note for them to explain that they need to go and find the presents and cards.
– Order a balloon kit. @balloonistaco offer a range of DIY balloon kits covering all tastes such as rainbow and superhero and include a video tutorial to show you how to create your balloon masterpiece!
– Organise a digital party with an entertainer and share with your family or close friends. @dazzleandfizz offer this service with 30, 45 or 60 minute digital party options to choose from and can include magic, dancing, singing and games to bring the party magic to your child at home. They will customise the theme to your child’s preferences.
Hope your child has a great birthday celebration!